Design and Themes
- Each storefront created on the site builder is automatically enhanced for use on both phones and tablets. No code is needed, so stores can be built relatively quickly
- Themes - 45 customizable options available, with styles to suit all kinds of businesses
- Intuitive drag and drop interface - allows for greater control and positional changes on all pre-made layouts
Apps and add-ons
The provider recommends a few add-ons, but they generally come at great cost, which will be unappealing to many, as most competitors offer similar additions at no additional cost.
- AvaTax - Free (By X-Cart) automates sale tax information
- GiftCertificates - $74
- Product Stickers - $69
Whilst it’s possible to translate language on X-Cart, you must do it yourself, either through an imported language pack or via time-consuming translation. This is far from ideal. One of the main reasons businesses go online is to reach a global audience, and this brand doesn’t go far enough in aiding that process. Not only could this be time-consuming, but it could require continuous editing as you add new products and services.
Social integration and sales channels
Products can be listed on many popular websites, such as Amazon, Google, eBay, Facebook, and more.
In-built ‘Business Solutions’ Provides the tools to boost search engine ranking, with clean and canonical URLs, configurable page titles, etc.
- Google Analytics - Analyzes the success of each product, how users access the site, and average time spent on each page
- Yandex Metrica - Provides metrics related to the site’s online audience
The Mailchimp app sends transaction notifications and sales messages. In addition, it can send reminders to customers with abandoned checkout carts.
Importing and exporting products
Files can be imported or exported in CSV file format by accessing the general settings tab.
Pricing (per year)
- Business - $495
- Multivendor - $1495
- Ultimate - 5995
Each product could be profitable, with 0% transaction fees and unlimited product listings. However, only the Ultimate package offers options like product questions, paid memberships, wishlists, and multi-level menus. For such high prices, customers might feel that each option should include these settings.
What is easy for the users?
- Quick set up
- 0% Transaction fees
What is hard for the users?
- Somewhat limited, considering the price
Examples of X-Cart users
- Bedstar - https://www.bedstar.co.uk/
- Affordable Designs Canada - https://adcleeann.com/
- Oak Hall - https://oakhall.com/
Alternatives to X-Cart
X-Cart is a well-respected business and its services have merit, but they come at a significant cost. Why not try Squarespace as an alternative? Its storefront themes are breathtaking and the price packages available are more than reasonable.