The platform is an excellent fit for anyone endeavoring to sell online. You don’t need any technical background to get started, given most of the elements can be redesigned using a simple drag-and-drop interface.
Recognized among the TIMES’ 50 Best Websites of the Year, Weebly receives no shortage of accolades and mentions thanks to its fantastic ecommerce features. Here’s what you can get with this platform:
- Simple and intuitive design interface with complete control over customization using a straightforward drag-and-drop editor
- Mobile-responsive templates that support dynamic content
- Effortlessly embed videos on your website to drive more engagement
- Access thousands of editable elements (images, maps, videos, CTAs)
- Build impactful landing pages with custom headers
- Enjoy fully-customizable images and color backgrounds
- Includes a free sub-domain
- Receive 24/7 premium support
- Allows for seamless integration of third-party apps and extensions
- Extremely easy to add a storefront to your website
Weebly Website Design
You’ll be able to create highly responsive websites using this platform. Most of the templates are optimized for all screen sizes. The drag-and-drop interface makes it extremely easy to customize pre-designed templates without the need for HTML or CSS.
Even Weebly’s free websites are entitled to the ‘Import’ feature that helps users easily upload, add, edit, and change themes in real-time. You’ll also be able to view the changes you've made within the browser itself. Users are provided with 40+ mobile-friendly themes, including dedicated layouts for blogs, image galleries, and online stores. Additionally, the platform hosts a built-in code editor that allows you to customize your site further.
Are you confused between user experience (UX) and user interface (UI)? Master ecommerce UX design with this quick guide.
Importing And Exporting Products
One of the best things about Weebly ecommerce is that it offers you complete scalability. You can start with the free plan, and as your business gradually grows, you can readily transition to a premium subscription. This will allow you to reap the benefits of dedicated ecommerce tools like import-export, inventory tracking, and more.
You’ll be able to manage inventory across platforms from a centralized dashboard. This is a great feature for larger stores dealing with various products and orders from multiple channels. The product Import and Export features transfer your complete inventory to CSV files, empowering you to implement bulk changes quickly.
Weebly SEO Capabilities
Online businesses can benefit a lot from using Weebly SEO tools. Add meta titles and descriptions, change the permalink structure, customize the header and footer codes, and include 301 redirects without any hassle.
The platform also allows you to customize image alt attributes and the heading structure (H1, H2, H3, H4). All plans include SSL encryption, XML sitemaps, and the option to add/remove canonical tags. Overall, users will be provided with the necessary SEO tools to rank higher in organic search results.
For more information on organic traffic, learn about the importance of ecommerce SEO during the global pandemic.
Weebly Pricing Plans
Most features can be accessed even with a free plan, regardless of whether you want to develop an ecommerce store or classic business site. Weebly pricing plans are straightforward, including a free plan with limited features and three premium plans with extended business features.
Here’s a quick overview:
- Free Plan - Includes free SSL, 500 MB storage, domain with Weebly branding, and ads in the footer area
- Connect - The price for this plan starts at $5/month when paid annually. The main difference compared to the free option is the ability to add a custom domain
- Pro - For $12/month when paid annually, users receive a free domain (worth $20), $100 Google Ads credit, unlimited storage, free SSL, shopping cart, integration with Square payment gateway, and access to other 3rd party payment providers
- Business - Starting at $25/month when paid annually, users are entitled to all free benefits included in the other plans plus an array of ecommerce features. These include elements like inventory management, tax and shipping calculators, integrated shipping labels, options to add gift cards and coupon codes, as well as shipping discounts
Weebly Customer Service
For users with questions or technical inquiries, Weebly customer service responds extremely fast, especially with the live chat feature. The company offers 24/7 assistance via email, phone, and support tickets. However, phone and live chat support are limited to customers located in the US. If you’re using this platform outside the United States, you’ll only be able to access email support.
Besides, users also gain access to detailed guides, FAQs, video tutorials, and community forums for further assistance.
What Is Easy For Users On Weebly?
- Weebly websites work best for users who have no (or limited) knowledge of coding
- Getting started is easy using pre-built templates and elements
- Working towards organic ranking is also straightforward, thanks to the built-in SEO tools
- Ecommerce plans are feature-laden and cost-effective, making it simple for small and medium-sized businesses to get started
- With Square taking over Weebly, users will now find it even easier to build websites using the new EditorX feature
- Setting up payment gateways, coupons, and automatic tax calculators are effortless thanks to an app library that enables seamless integration with 3rd-party apps
What Is Difficult For Users On Weebly?
- The free plan has limited storage and doesn’t allow you to add a custom domain
- Users residing outside the United States can only receive assistance via email support
- Redesigning the elements is a bit difficult
Weebly Website Examples
From personal blogs to full-fledged ecommerce sites, you’ll find inspiration from these stunning Weebly website examples:
- Douk Snowboards
This online store highlights its USP (unique selling proposition) while including a coupon as a great CTA to drive clicks and sales.
This minimalist website design makes perfect use of icons and abbreviations to lure visitors into clicking for more information. It features a clean design with ample spacing and an easy to navigate menu.
- The Bike Seat
This website design makes use of detailed storyboards to add extra personality to the business. With an accompanying blog section, the brand engages users with quirky details about new products.
Alternatives To Weebly
If you’re seeking advanced features to manage your ecommerce store more professionally, check out these alternatives: