Design and Themes
- Everything is simple and guides are in place to ensure that users require no previous experience in either web design or coding
- Templates from inhouse designers to fit many themes, such as blogs, portfolios, events and more, all of which are included in every package available
- Some accounts include the ability to add custom coding, so those with some experience can embed a wide variety of interesting features
Apps and addons
In comparison with some competitors at this price range, Strikingly offers a fairly sizable number of free apps and add-ons, such as -
- Testimonials Slider
- Countdown Timer
- Pricing Table
- Pop Up
- Age Verification
- Event Calendar
- Click to Call
- Radio Player
- QR Code
Language can be translated, but only into six languages; French, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese traditional, Chinese simplified, and Portuguese. So, if you’re looking to sell to other markets, translations could become a painstakingly slow process, as they’ll probably need to be done manually.
Social integration and sales channels
This is one regard in which the service excels, linking with well-known brands like:
Uses Google Analytics software, which provides useful data on website traffic, including what people search to find the site, which search engines they used, and which products are popular in different countries.
The site provides only a small number of blog posts offering guidance on this.
Helps customers to create newsletters to gain customers, and win back sales from those who abandoned a checkout cart.
Pricing (per month)
- Free - One site, one product per site, 500mb storage
- Limited ($8) - Two sites, five products per site, 1GB storage
- Pro ($16) - Three sites, 300 products per site, 3GB storage
- VIP ($49) - Five sites, 500 products per site, 10GB storage
Realistically, the free package is only useful as a trial feature, and even the most expensive package doesn’t offer a huge amount of product listings. Many growing businesses will be looking for something more scalable.
Stripe, PayPal and most major credit cards
Partners with the Recurly system which follows the PCI-DSS Level 1 protocol (the highest level for security)
What is easy for the users?
- Safe and secure
- Good level of social integration
What is hard for the users?
- Limited scalability
Examples of Strikingly users
- Fashion merchandisers
- Video content producers
- Social media influencers
Alternatives to Strikingly
Strikingly provides some reasonable services and features, most notably a high level of integration with other popular websites. However, many aspiring businesses will be looking for a more feature-rich option, with far greater scalability.
Check out BigCommerce today, to access a plethora of beautiful templates and detailed analytics. Another fantastic choice would be Squarespace. With great prices, a dedicated customer service team, and generous package terms, your business potential could grow exponentially.