Design and Themes
Each template is created by a globally respected designer. There are 11 themes to choose from, each of which is free with the purchase of any Shopbase subscription.
ShopBase Apps and Addons
The provider offers a decent selection of apps to improve the store experience for both the client and the customer. Likely the most essential and popular Shopbase apps on the marketplace include:
- Judge.me: When growing an online marketplace, getting feedback from your customers goes a long way. Judge.me powers your review platform, so customers can tell you about their experiences.
- Boost Convert: This add-on creates a nifty little buy button on your webshop pages to turn browsers into buyers.
- AliExpress Review Importer: Export any of your reviews that are featured on AliExpress absolutely free.
- Migrate To ShopBase: Simply connect your online store and watch your products migrate from ShopBase to a previous host in a matter of minutes.
- CrossPanda: No good at keeping on top of your inventory? CrossPanda ensures any and all transactions are tracked live, so you know when to place a new order and you’re never leaving customers waiting.
- SiteKit Promotion Bar and Popup: Create and develop your marketing strategies and target customers effectively with this essential add-on.
The roller theme template allows language to be altered with the ‘theme editor’. Almost 100 languages are covered, but unfortunately, every other template is only accessible in English.
Social integration and sales channels
The service doesn’t appear to offer any options for incorporating other social media or websites to its online storefronts.
None of the apps or tools on offer specifically assist with SEO.
With the Judge.me app, clients are able to receive product and site reviews on their webpage, along with Q&A. Photos and videos can also be added to any feedback given.
- Dashboard - Locates information on sales, purchasing and website traffic
- Google Analytics - Provides store data in real-time regarding customer location, browser search information, product success and time spent on the site
The SiteKit app captures email addresses from visitors, allowing for further promotion in the future. Some might find this tool a little too invasive.
Importing and exporting products
Using the CSV file format, stores can be imported or exported quickly and easily.
Pricing (per month)
- Basic Base - $19.00 - Ideal for companies with a staff roster of up to five people, and has a transaction fee of 2%
- Standard Base - $59.00 - Ideal for companies with a staff roster of up to 10 people, and has a transaction fee of 1%
- Pro Base - $249.00 - Ideal for companies with a staff roster of up to 100 people, and has a transaction fee of 0.5%
These prices might initially appeal to some as they’re low in comparison to some others in the industry. However, transaction fees are an important downside. Many competitors offer similar services with no transaction fees at all.
A support team can be contacted at any time via email, live chat or phone
Connected with various providers of dropshipping/POD service providers
Managing the store on a mobile device
Homepage and checkout are automatically optimized for mobile usage
What is easy for the users?
- Homepage set up is quick
- Mobile ready
- No limit on product sales
What is hard for the users?
- Transaction fees higher than some competitors
- Limited language options
Examples of Shopbase users
- Print-on-demand sellers
Alternatives to Shopbase
If you’re not sold on Shopbase due to its limited themes and high transaction fees, why not try another eCommerce brand?
BigCommerce boasts low transaction fees, which decrease as you upgrade your account.
Squarespace has a wide selection of beautiful themed layouts to select from.