Design and Themes
- Drag-and-drop system allows all site elements to be placed anywhere you like
- Choose from a small selection of templates to start with, and edit as required
- Creat customized images
- Add slideshows of products and categories
- Set images to enlarge when hovered over
- Adjust the width of your homepage
Apps and addons
The AddThis app allows visitors to share an item or section of your website across many social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
This service provides a reasonable translation service when compared with some competing brands. It can be done freely and simply through the general settings tab. Pages can be displayed in Dutch, Polish, Turkish, Danish, Swedish, Spanish, English, and more.
Social integration and sales channels
- Integrate Pinterest to allow image sharing which could raise awareness of your products and services
- Link Google star ratings
- Use KiyOH to automatically compile reviews from various social sites, and have them posted on your site
- Stores can be linked with Facebook, Google+ and Twitter to help clients reach their target audience
The service offers some fairly in-depth advice on how to best implement SEO, through elements such as meta tags, search engine friendly URLs, etc. Although, unlike many competing brands, it doesn’t appear to provide any specific tools for this.
- Facebook Pixel - Focuses on targeting advertisements towards people most likely to be receptive to the products
- Google Analytics - Provides a wealth of customer data, such as search engine used, products purchased, time spent on site and more
Offers the ability to send batches of newsletters to site visitors, to promote exclusive offers, sales, new listings, etc. This could be a good way of reminding people you’re there and persuading them to return.
Importing and exporting products
It’s not as easy as it should be. Usually, data can be transferred in large quantities, but not with MyOnlineStore. Stock details and order details can be exported easily, but any information you want to import must be done individually, which could prove incredibly time-consuming.
- GO - Free - Up to 10 products, basic support
- PRO - €24/month - 2500 product limit, mid-tier support, domain name, SSL included,
- Premium - €49/month - Unlimited products, premium support, domain name, SSL, Custom CSS options
Realistically, the two paid packages could have a positive impact on sales, as long as the tools provided are used to their full extent. However, unless you’re a web design expert, you’ll probably need access to premium support. For that reason, the PRO package isn’t ideal for a lot of users.
What is easy for the users?
- Create a limited online store for free
- SSL certificate included in both paid packages
What is hard for the users?
- Store’s website is difficult to navigate, which is a bad sign for a website building company
Examples of MyOnlineStore users
- Electronics distributors
- Interior designers
Alternatives to MyOnlineStore
This service has stuff to offer some, especially those with coding experience, but many will find its service complicated and difficult to navigate.
Try Squarespace instead, for an easy-to-use site-building experience, with gorgeous layouts and templates on offer.