Design and Themes
In-house graphic designers will help with building your website, but for more details, potential customers must request a consultation. This seems like an overly complex way of providing information and will put off users, as there are so many options out there.
It’s clear that customers can change the templates, themes, fonts, and colors with Bluehost, but it’s not easy to find actual examples of this on the website.
Bluehost uses WordPress for its website hosting and admits that outside of English, other languages may not be displayed entirely accurately. This will put many off, as the whole point of creating a business website is to gain new customers. A limit of language translation is a limit on potential profits.
Bluehost offers useful tools to provide guidance in this regard.
- Gauge how your site ranking compares on various search engines
- Track visitor locations
- Reviews technical issues on your site
- Assess how ‘friendly’ your site is for browsers like Google and Firefox
- Tracks the frequency of use and mentions through social media sites like Facebook, Linkedin, and Google+.
Importing and exporting products
It’s easy, fast, and free to do this. So, if you want to import data from a previous website, or create a back up of date on your existing one, that’s no problem with this provider.
- Shared - $5.53/month - Good for small personal business and blogs
- VPS - $28/month - For websites with medium/high traffic. Includes limited ‘on-demand resources’
- Dedicated - $112.06/month - For websites with a high amount of traffic. Includes increased security and performance measures
Bluehost is not an easy site to navigate, and most aspects of its services are unclear, especially the pricing. Before committing to a lengthy contract, it’d be best to contact the provider for a consultation, to get clarification on just what level of service and support each package provides.
All major credit cards, PayPal and US checks
Managing the store on a mobile device
All website features are enhanced for use on any tablet or device
Each package includes an SSL certificate, making the theft or corruption of user data extremely difficult
What is easy for the users?
- SSL certificates included with all packages
- Back up data easily
What is hard for the users?
- A lack of clarity on pricing and what packages provide
Examples of Bluehost users
- Video content producers
- Social media influencers
- Catering companies
Alternatives to Bluehost
Bluehost has some positive aspects, but many potential clients will feel that its pricing structure is vague, and there really isn’t much detail given on the features and services available.
Consider using Squarespace instead. It offers a service that’s at once sophisticated, easy to use, and full of beautiful themes and templates. Its analytics capabilities will ensure that clients can enhance their website, to maximize the benefits from all website traffic.