The Top 7 Online Payment Gateway Solutions For WordPress Websites
WordPress is one of the most popular website builders. It’s easy to use and offers multiple options to integrate third-party tools via plugins. If you run an ecommerce store and are looking for the right payment solution for your business, there are dozens of options compatible with this platform.
In this article, we feature the best online payment solutions for WordPress. Keep reading to learn more about how they work and what their benefits are.
Benefits of Stripe:
- Stripe doesn’t require a merchant account
- If the customer stays on your website during the payment process, Stripe offers the option to use client-side tokenization to ensure PCI compliance
- This plug-in accepts all major credit and debit card payments. It also accepts payments in other forms such as Alipay and Bitcoin
- It helps all ecommerce business types such as basic stores, subscription services, and on-demand marketplaces
- Stripe's capabilities can be extended with simple APIs
- It allows real-time analytics
Cost: There’s no setup or monthly fees. However, there’s a transaction fee of 2.9% and a charge of 30 cents per transaction.
Benefits of PayPal:
- The payment location will be recognizable and there will be a trusted logo on your website. Customers don’t need to visit PayPal to make their payments
- There’s no need for a merchant account with PayPal. Although, you have the option if you want to quickly deposit funds into your bank account
- PCI compliant PayPal pro gives you the option to keep your transactions on your site
- Great payment methods are available with PayPal. This includes PayPal's standard payments, PayPal credit, and PayPal special financing
- PayPal Pro offers automated payments
- It supports almost all major shopping carts
Cost: $30 monthly fee to use the service plus a standard per-transaction fee will be charged.
Benefits of Razorpay:
- Razorpay is a popular online payment gateway in Asia
- This gateway prevents any confusion to its users and integrates perfectly with WordPress
- With easy-to-use settings, the Razorpay plugin allows a nice visual interface that allows you to add discounts to your products
- The plugin supports all logos of credit card providers neatly allowing customers to identify whether their mode of payment is available on your site or not
Cost: There’s no setup fee or annual maintenance fee. However, you’ll be charged a 2% transaction fee for using the payment gateway.
Benefits of QuickPay:
- QuickPay is certified by the PCI Security Standards Council and operates at the highest level of security
- Ensures stable operations
- It provides you with tools that’ll help you identify and defend yourself against fraud
- Subscriptions in QuickPay allow you to receive and automate periodic and recurring payments
- Mobile-friendly payment window
- API helps you integrate the processing of the payments more tightly into your system
Cost: No set-up fee. The account is free until you process payments. The merchant fee is $10 per month.
Benefits of Authorize.net:
- The payment location depends on you. You can do this on your site or Authorize.net
- A merchant account is needed to collect your payments
- If you integrate payment gateway on your site, you’ll get free access to Authorize.net’s fraud protection tools. Moreover, it’s PCI DSS certified
- You can accept payments from around the world
- Payment types include credit cards, Authroize.net e-checks, and digital payments like Apple Pay or PayPal
- Allows automated payments
Cost: Set-up fee of $49/month. Per transaction fee is applicable.
Benefits of eMerchantpay:
- Accepts all major credit cards and local payment methods
- Payments are made easy and secured with a single integration through API
- Helps to increase your online store conversions by providing a trusted gateway. This allows you to get paid without any friction with your customers
- Simplest and most trusted way to accept payments online
- Optimized configuration helps multi-channel businesses to accept payments conveniently
- Delivers world-class integration
- Risk and fraud management is taken care of
- This is a global payment gateway
Benefits of Mollie Payments:
- Mollie provides quick integration with the most popular WooCommerce payment methods on any WordPress site
- Supports recurring payment models for subscription plans
- Mollie is a standalone payment gateway that’s similar to Stripe
- It integrates with WooCommerce
- Offers multiple payment options and processes payments easily
- Support mobile payments
Cost: Charges per-transaction fees, which depend on the type of card used. The VISA card fee is $0.25 and 2.8% per transaction.
The Bottom Line
Choosing the right payment gateway depends on your business needs. You’ll need to take into account the fee structure, ease of use, availability in your region, integration, and many other aspects before you decide. Use the list above to compare the best payment platforms and select one that fits your business.