The Best Hosting For Ecommerce
There are many factors to consider when setting up an online store.
One crucial element is actually the one thing your customers won’t see - the hosting service.
Effective hosting will make your website fast, high-performing, and secure.
Did you know that 53% of potential customers will leave a site that doesn’t load within 3 seconds? Every second of delay can cause your conversion rate to fall 7% - potentially thwarting many sales.
Choose the best foundation for your site to make sure your site is a well-oiled sales machine.
Here we’ll cover the best hosting services for ecommerce sites designed to provide you with the speed and performance you need to thrive.
SiteGround is adored by online store owners everywhere and for good reason.
Here are its key features:
- Auto-install of ecommerce apps
- CloudFlare CDN integrated
- SuperCacher technology for added speed
Prices range from $3.95-$11.95 per month for the starter plans.
- Excellent support and a rich knowledge base and community of users
- Free automatic daily backups
- WordPress updates and site support
- Free shopping cart with installation, free eShop transfer, and an ecommerce optimized server
- Low storage on basic plans, as well as lower quality support
- There’s no automatic site set up, and it needs to be done manually
For ecommerce, SiteGround is a natural choice due to its high-performing CDN which will keep customers from around the world happy with your website’s speed and performance, as well as the added ecommerce functionality.
A2 is highly adapted to the needs of online stores, providing ecommerce hosting for each one of its plans.
Key features of A2 include:
- Turbo Servers for quick loading, up to 20 times faster than usual
- A variety of SSL certificates to choose from
- SSD storage and unlimited disk space
Prices range from $3.92 per month to $99.59, and the full spectrum of hosting needs is offered - from a cheap shared plan all the way to dedicated hosting.
- Superior customer service is given by the “Guru Crew”
- Free SSL certificate with every plan
- Top security with the help of A2’s own Perpetual Security initiative which includes:
- Free HackScan protection
- DDoS protection
- Multi-layered firewall protection
- A2’s uptime of 99.95% isn’t as competitive as you’d expect
For ecommerce, A2 shines in its adaptation to the needs of large stores, and the fact that each plan has an ecommerce equivalent is impressive.
Bluehost is best known for its dedicated WooCommerce hosting plan and its integration with WordPress sites.
WordPress itself recommends BlueHost as its number one provider, with easy one-click installation being a defining feature.
Here are some key features:
- Dedicated WooCommerce hosting plan
- Regular automatic backups
- Seamless WordPress integration
The prices range from $2.95 - $79.99 per month.
- Affordable pricing
- Free SSL certificate, SSH, Spam Assassin, hotlink protection
- Excellent uptime guarantee of 99.98%
- Regular automatic backups
- Very limited storage on the smaller plans, 100 GB SSD only
If you’re using WordPress for your ecommerce site, BlueHost is an extremely logical choice due to its WordPress integration and WooCommerce plans, which come with a handy one-click installation and other perks.
Offering useful and friendly support, HostGator is great for beginners that need a lot of guidance and care.
Some key features of HostGator:
- One-click installation for ecommerce stores
- Unlimited FTP accounts
- Free domain for the first year
The prices range from $3.84 - $9.22 per month.
- 99.99% uptime which is above the industry average
- 24/7 server monitoring
- Excellent support
- The pricing isn’t as competitive as some of the other providers
- There are no WooCommerce hosting plans
HostGator is another provider that’s very ecommerce-oriented with shopping carts and payment gateways on all hosting plans, as well as one-click installations for online store creation.
This ease coupled with its helpful support makes this provider ideal for those just starting out.
InMotion is packed with useful tools and extensions, alongside generous space allocation even on the basic plans.
Some of InMotion’s key features:
- Rich ecommerce features including payment methods integration and PCI compliant plans
- Shared and VPS offerings
- Free SSD for all plans
- Automatic backups and malware protection
The prices range from $6.39 - $83.99 per month.
- Highly trained support staff that must go through 160 hours of training
- Easy to scale from a shared plan to a VPS plan
- Integrates with WooCommerce, Magento, and more
- Free advertising credits worth $150
- There’s no dedicated IP address on the shared plans
- The security isn’t as robust as some others on this list
From an ecommerce perspective, this provider offers an attractive set of plans, namely due to the tools, integration with ecommerce builders, one-click installation, and its scaling abilities.
You can’t go wrong with any of these plans. They’re secure, high-performing, and affordable.
All the providers in this list are geared towards ecommerce and can cater to the needs of any online store.
As an industry standard, all of these providers offer a 30-day money-back guarantee if you’re dissatisfied, leaving you the option to try out the various services for yourself to determine the best pick for your store.