The Top 5 Shopify Apps Of 2020
The Shopify App Store offers hundreds of free and paid apps for your Shopify store.
Enhancing functionality and customization, these apps are what can make your store truly exceptional.
85% of merchants rely on these apps to run their business effectively, and there is an app for almost any need you could think of.
At the time of writing, due to Covid-19, Shopify is providing:
- A generous 90-day free trial period
- Shopify Email and Shopify POS which allows local pickup for free until October 2020
- The option to list your products for free on Google Shopping
In this article, we will give you an overview of the top 5 Shopify Apps, each of which have been handpicked and tested.
Seguno is an email marketing app that is one of the most commonly downloaded in the Shopify App Store. Natively integrated with the admin, Seguno enables you to apply one-click automations to create, manage, and track your email marketing campaign.
Seguno is a natural choice for many reasons:
- It offers an extensive library of email templates
- There is an automatic abandoned cart email system included
- Extensive reporting is provided, fully integrated with Shopify marketing reports
This app saves precious time for online businesses by making sure customers get relevant emails at various touchpoints.
Seguno is free for up to 250 subscribers, and costs $10 per month for 251-1000 subscribers.
Fully scalable and supporting company growth, this app offers a rate of $10 for every additional 1000 subscribers.
Plug In SEO
This app is a valuable tool for any Shopify store owner that wants to boost their SEO efforts.
Plug in SEO helps to improve rankings, drive more traffic to your website, and fix problems such as 404 broken links.
Some of this app’s best features include:
- Useful keyword tools for research and content creation
- Rich snippets and JSON-LD Schema Markup
- Google Search Console integration for full control of your SEO efforts in a centralized manner
Even though Shopify has recently partnered with Cloudflare and is constantly enhancing its native offerings, this app remains a must-have for online store owners.
This app offers a free package which includes all the basic SEO functions of the app and a paid version that costs $20 per month.
This app can transform your website into a fully fledged print-on-demand business. Getting started is simple, and no design or technical knowledge is required.
The first step is to choose from over 200 products, and then to create your design on-site or upload your own artwork.
Printful takes care of fulfillment, from production and all the way to delivery, and you can enjoy 24/7 customer support for anything you may need.
This app has some attractive features:
- Absolutely free, with no added costs or fees
- Low shipping rates for a higher merchant markups
- Custom branding which allows you to build your brand image
In addition to being free, there are no required minimum orders to use Pintful, which makes it a great place to start for beginners.
Oberlo is a dropshipping app that allows you to start selling products on your online store with zero upfront costs or inventory.
The markups are lower than traditional ecommerce models, but it’s a risk-free, easy way to get started.
Here are some of this app’s impressive features:
- Full product page customization, allowing you to change titles, descriptions, and images
- Free Google Chrome extension enables you to add products directly from AliExpress
- Detailed product statistics allow you to make data-driven decisions for your business
Oberlo offers three plans:
- A free plan with all basic features included
- The Basic Plan which costs $29.90 per month and includes up to 10,000 product uploads
- The Pro Plan costs $79.90 per month and offers unlimited orders, multiple users and various integrations
This popular app helps you to create a referral system on your website.
You will be able to create custom rewards and incentives, as well as choose between cash rewards and coupon codes.
Tracking your results and metrics is easy thanks to their informative and user-friendly dashboard.
Here are some other features:
- Integration with Google analytics and Mailchimp
- Automatic and hassle-free referral payouts
- Customized branding and theme editor for emails, landing pages and popups
Referral Candy offers a 30-day free trial, and it costs $49 per month.
The Shopify App store offers one of the most impressive collections of apps for online store owners, and these are vetted carefully for quality and merchant satisfaction.
There are many free apps available as well as generous free trials, which means you can try them out to find the perfect ones to add any function you could imagine to your store.